The security of your data is critical to us, yet recollect that no technique for transmission over the Web, or strategy for electronic capacity, is 100% secure. While we endeavor to utilize financially satisfactory intentions to ensure your data, we can’t promise its total security.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and interact with other activities, services, features, and resources which we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, their name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, but it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may gather non-individual recognizable proof data about Users at whatever point they associate with our Site. The non-individual distinguishing proof data may incorporate the program name, the kind of PC, and specialized data about the User’s methods for association with our Site, for example, the working framework and the Internet specialist organizations utilized, and other comparative data.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users)
If you are a person in the European Economic Area (EEA), we gather and procedure data about you just where we have lawful bases for doing as such under appropriate EU laws. The legitimate foundation relies upon the Services you use and how you use them. It implies, we gather and utilize your data just when:
- We need it to give you the Services, to work the Services, give client assistance and customized highlights, and to ensure the wellbeing and security of the Services.
- It fulfills an authentic premium that isn’t superseded by your information security premiums, for example, innovative work, to advertise and advance the Services, and to ensure our lawful rights and interests.
- You authorize us to do as such for a particular reason.
- We have to process your information to consent to a lawful commitment.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so, you have the right to object to that use, though in some cases, this may mean no longer using the available Services.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
TLC Virtual Academy collects and uses Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- to send information and updates pertaining to your order and your membership with TLC Virtual Academy;
- to personalize User experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the Services and Resources provided on our Site;
- to improve our Site. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- to improve customer service. Your information helps us more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- to process transactions. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide Service for that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Service;
- to administer content, a promotion, survey, or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them;
- To send periodic emails. The email address Users provide for order processing will only be used to send them information and updates about their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries and other requests or questions. If User decides to opt into our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related Product or Service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, and destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL-secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Your information collected through the TLC Virtual Academy Service may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, the Caribbean or any other country in which TLC Virtual Academy and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers maintain facilities.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding Visitors and Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters and surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, provided you have given us your permission.
Users may find advertising and other content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. Additionally, these sites and services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, are subject to that website’s terms and policies.
How long we keep information
Account information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active, and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services.
Access, correction, deletion
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services. If you wish to access or amend any Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us as outlined in the “Contacting us” section.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
TLC Virtual Academy
122 West Ave, Brockport, NY 14420
This document was last updated, August 2020.
Terms and Conditions
By placing an enrollment order, you agree that you have read through and understand the TLC Virtual Academy academic and financial policies and regulations outlined below. By submitting this order, you represent and warrant that you (i) are authorized to sign for and bind the contracting party and (ii) agree to abide by and comply with these regulations as they apply to yourself and every student you are enrolling in.
Further, you understand that all references in this document to “parent” and “family” apply to the individual(s) responsible for overseeing or financing the education of the student(s) they enroll.
Summary of the academic policies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Parents are expected to carefully read the TLC Virtual Academy Parent Handbook, provided shortly after enrollment, to become familiar with Academy policies and procedures.
- Tests and other required materials for recordkeeping services must be completed and returned according to school deadlines. This remains true regardless of which payment plan is selected.
- Parents are familiar with, or will become familiar with, their state’s virtual learning laws and fulfill all requirements necessary to ensure compliance with their individual state’s regulations. TLC Virtual Academy is not responsible for completing or submitting any state documents for the student.
- All high school students must complete and pay for at least one full academic year (5 credits min.) to be eligible for graduation through TLC Virtual Academy.
- All final graduation requirements will be determined on an individual student basis and can only be determined after receipt of all official transcripts.
- Families are responsible for purchasing all credits required for graduation.
- TLC Virtual Academy does not tolerate cheating. Parents will be expected to monitor students’ work diligently and prohibit any form of cheating or plagiarism.
- All new students entering Grades K – 10 must complete the Performance Series academic testing upon enrollment and again at the end of the second semester.
- All students Grades 6 – 12 will be required to complete a Student Orientation, regardless of package type, before the curriculum will be ordered.
- TLC Virtual Academy reserves the right to deny a formal Letter of Recommendation for any student enrolled for less than one academic school year or if that a student has displayed academic dishonesty.
Summary of the financial policies includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Registration and shipping and handling fees are non- refundable.
- Students enrolled in monthly payment plans need to authorize automatic payments from an approved credit or debit card, or a checking account.
- The family agrees to pay for the full price of their student(s)’ tuition package and recordkeeping fees if they do not withdraw their student(s) within the specified guarantee period for their program. The family understands that this remains true no matter which payment plan was selected for their order.
- Materials that are consumables (such as workbooks), or not in original condition, are non-refundable.
- Tuition and recordkeeping fees will not be refunded after 30 days of curriculum shipment or online course registration. Live Online Courses and Elite Program (only): refunds can only be provided if a withdrawal request is made within two weeks (14 days) following the course start date.
- A late fee of $40.00 will be charged if and when scheduled tuition payment is late. If the late payment is not submitted within 30 days, the account will be put on hold.
- To reactivate an account put on hold, all past due tuition payments must be submitted along with a reinstatement fee of $65.00 within 30 days. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of enrollment.
- If canceled students wish to re-enroll at a later date, they will need to enroll as a new student and pay full registration and tuition fees. NOTE: No previous payments will be credited to the new registration or tuition fees.
- If using TLC Virtual materials, families have 30 days from shipment to exchange a course (one time, per subject, per year) and will only be charged for any consumables (such as workbooks) and non-restockable items. The family is responsible for all shipping costs when exchanging courses.
- If not satisfied with the second selection, or if seeking an exchange after the first 30 days, a $75 per-course restocking fee is applicable. The family is responsible for all shipping costs when exchanging courses.
- After 30 days of an online course assignment, if a family requests a course exchange that renders a license unusable (Rosetta Stone, ALEKS Math, or moving from an online course to a traditional course), a $150.00 fee will be charged to facilitate the change. This fee will not be charged if the course exchange occurs within 30 days of curriculum shipment.
- For the Elite Program: If a family requests a course exchange after the 14-day, the license fee of $1,250 must be paid.
- Dual Enrollment college course tuition is considered non-TLC Virtual-supplied material. Refunds will only be issued within 5 days of the start of the Dual Enrollment course.
- A school-year extension fee of $100.00 per student per month will be charged for all students who submit their final school grades after the due date. Current policy limits the number of allowed extensions to two (2) for full-year packages and one (1) for half-year packages. Extensions are not permitted for by-course enrollments.
- Student academic records will not be released until all Academy on-loan materials have been returned (if applicable) and the student’s account is paid-in-full.
- Refund policy for change in packages: A refund of fees due to change in tuition package is possible only if the change in a package is done within the 30-day enrollment period or within 14 days for the Elite Program. After the 30- or 14-day period, no refund will be processed. If the student moves to a higher tuition package, the difference in package fees is due in-full within 30 days of the change. After 30 days from curriculum shipment, the family will be fully-responsible to pay the remaining balance on the account, even if they choose to, or are forced to, withdraw their student(s) for any reason.
- If a student is academically withdrawn and later wishes to return their schoolwork for processing, they must pay a $200.00 recordkeeping fee.
- Reservation Drop Fee (applies to Student Live Online Course only): TLC Virtual Academy limits class sizes by reserving and holding seats for enrolled, approved students, thus making that seat unavailable to other students, often months in advance of the course start date. A Reservation Drop Fee is applied only if the course is dropped after enrollment, but before completing the course and paying the full tuition. The 2020 – 2021 Reservation Drop Fee is $50 (per course) and is applied to all Live Online Courses.
- A full-year tuition package runs for 10 months (300 days).
- A half-year tuition package runs for 5 months (150 days).
Our 30-day money-back guarantee is available for TLC Virtual Learning tuition fees only. All Hope Packages include a non-refundable $395 Evaluation Fee.
Elite Program and Student Live Online Courses: Two-week (14-day) money-back guarantee on course fees only.
Grade Level Kits have a 30-day return period, provided the materials are new and unused with no writing on any materials.
IMPORTANT: College NOW! Dual Enrollment college classes have a 5-day money-back guarantee.
A TLC Virtual Academy withdrawal form must be completed and submitted to the finance department according to the proper procedure for the refund to be issued.
ON-LOAN MATERIAL POLICY
TLC Virtual Academy occasionally provides some academic materials on-loan. This includes non-consumable textbooks, teacher’s guides, etc. On-loan items will be labeled as such and are expected to be returned at the end of the student’s school term.
The family understands that on-loan materials are reused year to year, and some of the loaned materials provided for their student may have been used by a previous Academy student. While the Academy cannot guarantee a new copy of a loaned resource, TLC Virtual Academy commits to providing quality copies of all on-loan materials. Loaned materials that are battered, torn, defaced, or otherwise physically unusable, will be promptly exchanged for a quality copy with an appropriate charge to the family.
Final records will not be released until all loaned items have been received. If the family wishes to purchase their on-loan materials, they will need to alert their advisor. The family will be billed only for the on-loan items they desire to keep.
All students applying for a missionary, military, or pastoral scholarship must complete the proper form and submit all required verification items before the scholarship application will be processed. If a student qualifies for a scholarship, the amount will be refunded to the family after enrollment. The scholarship committee reserves the right to approve or disapprove the scholarship amounts and number of scholarships as per the guidelines established by the board. The decision of the committee is considered final and not subject to appeal.
Scholarships are available on 1st – 12th-grade tuition packages only. For high school coursework, the student must be taking at least 5 individual courses to qualify for the scholarship. The scholarship amount may be prorated for half-year students.
A domestic shipping fee of $35.00 will apply to all tuition packages that include physical items (such as textbooks, CD-ROMs, etc.) that are mailed out. Domestic shipping is via UPS.
The default shipping carrier for international shipments is UPS Express Mail. A base international rate of $275.00 will be charged on these tuition packages for both full-year and half-year enrollments. If the actual shipping rate is higher, the difference will be quoted upon shipment. Materials will not be sent until the shipping balance is paid-in-full. TLC Virtual Academy is not responsible for paying customs fees.
Generally, there are no shipping fees on Recordkeeping Only packages. A fully-online package is charged the standard domestic shipping and handling fee for instructor guides and other materials. International families will be charged appropriate shipping fees for instructor guides and other materials that will be shipped. The standard shipping fee of $35.00 is applied for all HOPE packages. PLEASE NOTE: If an online student is required to take a course that is only available as a text course to meet graduation requirements, the family is responsible for the cost of shipping the materials. Any other shipping fees (e.g., high school by course, science kit, etc.) will show on your invoice.
International families When a course exchange is requested, TLC Virtual Academy does not cover the cost of shipping course materials, whether within 30 days from initial curriculum shipment or after 30 days from initial curriculum shipment. The actual cost to ship will be charged, and payment must be made before course materials will be shipped.
STUDENT LIVE ONLINE COURSES
Any student enrolled in a Student Live Online course will need a computer headset with a microphone and high-speed Internet connection to participate in the course. It is the responsibility of the family to provide a headset for their student. The headset and high-speed Internet access are the sole responsibility of the family. K’nex Education kits are non-refundable. Unused textbooks and unopened novel sets and other laboratory kits may be returned within 30 days of purchase for a full refund minus any applicable shipping costs. Used and opened course materials are non-refundable items.
The family agrees to abide by all policies outlined in the Student Live Online Course Handbook and TLC Virtual Academy Student Handbook, including those related to registration, course fees, course cancellation, and grade reporting.
By placing an order for Student Live Online courses, I understand that recordings of classes may be used for training, educational, and promotional purposes, and I am granting permission for videos and screenshots that may contain my child to be used for these stated purposes only.
COMPUTER AND EMAIL ACCESS
In this ever-growing age of technology, TLC Virtual Academy relies heavily upon the mode of email for communicating important information with the family. This includes day-to-day help, alerts to upcoming deadlines, critical notices, re-enrollment information, and more. For that reason, TLC Virtual Academy expects the family to provide a valid email address upon enrollment and to update the Academy of any changes to that information. The Academy also expects that the family will have regular access to a computer and their email account.
If the family does not have a valid email address and regular access to a computer to check their email, they must alert the TLC Virtual Academy staff immediately. The Academy recommends, at the very least, that the family create a free email account and seek to check their correspondence from a library Internet connection regularly. The family understands that the enrollment process and a considerable amount of customer contact throughout the school year will be delayed or non-receivable.
The family agrees they will not hold TLC Virtual Academy at fault for any circumstances that result due to poor email communication resulting from lack of a customer email address, invalid email address on file, or lack of regular customer access to their email account.
The majority of our resources are available to be downloaded from our online portal. It is the responsibility of the family to have access to at least one computer and reliable Internet connection to access these resources throughout the school year.
NO PROGRESS POLICY
Students are required to make adequate weekly progress. Students should work according to the academic calendar and pacing guides and work a minimum of three (3) hours per week per course. This is the minimum requirement; students should expect to spend five (5) hours per week per course. If students fall below this pace for more than 8 consecutive weeks, students will face an academic hold, followed by academic withdrawal. Tuition is non-refundable for students that are academically withdrawn. Communication with your advisor is essential if circumstances occur that prevent your student from completing the weekly minimum number of hours in the online program.
By submitting this order, the family acknowledges that they comply with their state’s Virtual Learning laws, and the parent or guardian overseeing the student(s)’ education understands they may be required to have either a high school diploma or a GED. Further, the family agrees to teach a min of 180-day academic school year, or as required by their state Virtual Learning laws/regulations.
The family understands that TLC Virtual Academy’s financial and academic policies are subject to change and that the family will be notified of any major changes promptly.
The family understands that they should not submit this order unless they are in full agreement with the current policies as they are presented.
This document was last updated, August 2020.